Recent Posts

Fires in three MS counties claim lives, destroy property

Heat lamp may have caused fire.

                              

New Albany, MS- Area fires have local fire departments reminding community to “be safe out there!”

An early Saturday morning fire destroyed a shed and its contents in the Oaksview neighborhood.

Local firefighters extinguish shed fire

Ingomar and Southeast Union Fire Depts. responded in 20 degree weather to extinguish a fully involved shed fire behind the residence on county road 341.  Ingomar Fire Chief Scott Gregory believes the possible cause may have been a heat lamp.

Heat lamps are widely used to warm plants, animals, and protect pipes. Extra caution should be taken while in use, and should only be used as directed, and for the purpose they are intended.

A fire earlier in the week in Okolona blamed on heat lamps being used to warm animals close to the carport claimed the life of Rebecca Minniece, 69, on Gatlin Street there.

A related story:  Three children die in Attala Co. Fire

Mark K. Whiteside

Deputy Chief
New Albany Fire/Rescue
%d bloggers like this: