Friday September 28th at Tallahatchie Riverfest
Friday’s schedule includes two highlights of the on-going William Faulkner Literary Fest, as well as a free night of Blues. See Friday schedule below for details provided by organizers.
- The annual Faulkner Literary Competition Awards Luncheon will be at the First United Methodist Church at noon. The guest speaker will be Richard Grant, author of Dispatches From Pluto.
- The juried Faulkner and Folk Art Exhibit Opens at the Union County Heritage Museum, 5:30PM – 7:00PM with music by Small Town Music School.
- Friday Night Blues at the Riverview Stage from 5PM – 10PM. A free night of blues with headliner, A. J. Ghent, along with Terry Moore & the Cosmic Door, Keith Sanders, and Terry “Harmonica” Bean.
- Hospitality Tent open 5PM – 10PM.
Saturday at Tallahatchie Riverfest
Saturday’s Tallahatchie Riverfest events will kick off with the popular BNA Bank River Run at 8AM. As in previous years, there will be both a Kids’ Run and a 5K Run. Sign-up information is available at Tallahatchieriverrun.com.
The Riverfest’s Saturday schedule will include a couple of new events this year: See Saturday schedule below for details provided by organizers.
- Case Knife and North MS Knife Collectors will present a knife display and sale at the Magnolia Civic Center. collectible knifes will be available, as will appraisals.
- Hoopfest games for all ages and abilities will be held at the Union County Courthouse. The Hoopfest will raise funds for the New Albany Boys’ and Girls’ Clubs.
Many yearly favorites will return to this year’s Tallahatchie Riverfest: See Saturday schedule below for details provided by organizers.
- Courthouse Arts Market and Marketplace, 10AM – 4PM.
- The Baptist Day Stage at the Courthouse will have music and other entertainment beginning at 10AM.
- The popular Dress Your Pet Parade and Contest, sponsored by the Union County Humane Society. See Saturday schedule PDF for sign-up form availability.
- The Union County Library will have a book sale from 9AM-4PM.
- The Literacy Council of Union County will be selling raffle tickets and awarding prizes. For details: http://nanewsweb.com/literacy-council-riverfest-raffle/
- The Hospitality Tent will be open from 5PM – 10PM
- Food vendors and Bounce fun for the kids.
Saturday evening’s free music program, featuring headliner Sundance Head, will be in Park-Along-the-River from 5PM – 10PM. Acts for the evening include:
- Forest Fire Gospel Choir
- Cannibal Kids
- Kalie Shorr
- Sundance Head