The foundation for this clinic was laid in 2003
The Internal Medicine and Pediatric Clinic of New Albany, PLLC was founded by Dr. Eric Harding, MD in 2003. The clinic’s mission was to provide a dual specialty clinic in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, located New Albany, to serve those living in Union County and North Mississippi.
Dr. Shane Scott joined IM+PC in 2004, after being mentored by Dr. Harding in medical school. Dr. Scott is a native of Union County. Dr. Harding and Dr. Scott are both board certified in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics.
The practice has grown from one physician with 5 staff members to 4 physicians, 2 nurse practitioners, 1 physician assistant and a support staff over 20. Since its inception, IM+PC has utilized Electronic Medical Records to provide efficient, high quality medical care.
Medical services offered by IM&PC
Internal Medicine and Pediatric Clinic is the only clinic in New Albany offering the full spectrum of medical care in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Hospital Services: IM+PC physicians admit to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. They provide care to all ages who need general hospital care, as well as intensive care, including: ill and normal newborns; pediatrics; adolescents; and adults.
- Outpatient Services: IM+PC offers outpatient services Monday through Friday 8am until 5pm and on Saturday from 8:30- 3pm at its current location at 488 West Bankhead Street in New Albany. Services include routine health exams for children and adults, immunizations, and complex disease management.
- Diagnostic support services: On site lab and X-ray capabilities are also offered, as well as electrocardiograms, spirometry and minor surgery.
- Travel Medicine services: IM+PC is the only clinic in the region offering Travel Medicine consultations for those who travel for business and pleasure. Vaccines not routinely needed for North Americans are available to prevent diseases that might be contracted when outside the United States.
IM&PC Research activities
Internal Medicine and Pediatric Clinic is a member of the Primary Care Research Network. PPRNET is based at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, SC. The purpose of PPRNET is to offer relevant research for Primary Care Practices.
Currently IM+PC is involved in 2 projects. The first is related to education and lifestyle modifications for disease management. The second is employing best practices for Chronic Kidney Disease.
IM+PC has been a member of PPRNET for more than ten years. They have consistently been awarded in the Top 25% of PPRNET research practices for the past 6 years.
IM&PC Educational Activities
IM+PC serves as a clinical training site for several Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant and Physician Training Programs. Students from Mississippi University for Women, University of North Alabama, Bethel University, Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine and Mississippi College have completed rotations at IM+PC.
Moving on up! IM&PC groundbreaking!
At the official IM&PC groundbreaking ceremony at 4:00 PM on the afternoon of April 6th, a large group of VIPs, hospital officials, local officials, clinic staff, hospital employees, construction workers, general onlookers and media gathered to see Dr. Eric Harding’s original vision of providing New Albany and the surrounding area with a dual specialty clinic for Internal Medicine and Pediatric services take a giant leap forward.
A 17,000 square foot new building is actually well under way to meet its anticipated occupancy date of November 2017.
The clinic will house 21 exam rooms and 2 procedure rooms, as well as in-house Laboratory and X-ray services. There will be a conference room, provider offices, billing offices and administrative space. Designated parking for new parents and new patients will be included in the 100 parking spaces
The building will house multiple components:
- Primary Care
- Urgent Care
- Specialty Clinic
Unique concepts will smooth patient flow. Those features will include:
- Covered patient drop off
- Kiosk Registration for faster check-in
- Well Care:Adult and Child Waiting Area
- Urgent Care: Adult and Child Area with dedicated staffing and provider
- Three Family Exam Rooms
- Designed to accommodate multiple family members in a comfortable environment for busy families who need a single appointment
- 2000 square foot Specialty Clinic
- A “clinic within a clinic” concept
- Separate entrance, waiting room, and exam rooms
- Available to specialists to offer care for their patients close to home
We are sure that the 30+ staff members of New Albany’s Internal Medicine and Pediatric are very much looking forward to moving into their spacious and beautiful new facilities at 118 Fairfield Drive.