Students create a paper lantern after learning about the Chinese New Year celebrations.
New Albany, MS- First grade students at New Albany Elementary School celebrated Christmas Around the World on Wednesday, December 14.
Students rotated through nine stations and learned how holidays are celebrated in the countries of England, Germany, China, Sweden, Mexico, Brazil, Italy, and Australia. At each station, students learned about each country’s holiday celebrations and made a craft.
NAES Christmas Around the World: (Click to enlarge/download photos)
- Mrs. Balinda Denton assists a student with cutting out a Christmas tree.
- First grade students make a “La Befana” after learning about the holidays in Italy.
- A first grade student creates a St. Lucia wreath which is customary in Sweden.
- Students create a paper lantern after learning about the Chinese New Year celebrations.
- Students enjoy cutting out Christmas trees after learning facts about Germany.