A laundromat fire turned out New Albany Fire Department crews who responded to reports of a dryer fire. The fire at South Central Laundromat was reported just befor 12:30 PM on Monday, December 18.
Upon arrival smoke showing was reported, and a quick size up found 1 dryer with clothing in it on fire. Smoke was evacuated from the building with positive pressure ventilation, and overhaul was performed. No structural damage was reported, and there was severe damage to the dryer and clothing inside.
Mark K. Whiteside
Deputy Fire Chief